VuiceVapes stock replacement coils and pods for most major vape manufacturers. We can offer advice on the correct type needed for your chosen device and vaping style. Just get in touch with any questions.
What is a coil?
The heart of your vaping device. These heating elements known as coils are there to turn your e-liquid into vapour. Generally with a manufactured coil we find a heating element encased in cotton. The cotton holds the liquid enabling it to be vaporised once you apply power to the coil from your battery.
What is a pod?
A pod is the replacement component to a pod kit. Replacement pods often contain a pre-fitted coil just like you would find in a regular device. Other manufacturers provide pods with coils inside that you can change, just like any other device.
When to replace your coils and pods
Coils and pods will need replacing periodically; the length of time between changes depends on a number of factors. The amount of device use, power settings, chosen e-liquid, and other variables, all affect the lifespan. Generally you would want to replace your coil or pod as and when you encounter a burnt or poor taste from your atomiser. A good rule of thumb is around 1-3 weeks on average for a coils lifespan
How to prime your coils and pods to avoid premature burnout
It’s really important to make sure your coil or pod is primed properly before you first fire the device. To achieve this, you can follow these simple instructions:
- Drip a fair amount of e-liquid into the top of the coil, allowing the cotton inside to soak it up between drips until you see the white cotton through the holes at the sides become wet. Be generous; if there is any excess once the cotton is fully saturated you can simply flick the coil to let it come out. We recommend doing this onto a paper towel or outside to prevent juice landing in unwanted areas.
- Refit the coil and fill your tank with vape juice
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to soak (around 10 minutes should be perfect)
- Take a few ‘Primer Puffs’ by pulling on the atomiser as if you were vaping but WITHOUT firing the device (Even keep it turned off to be double sure!)
- If your device has adjustable power, turn it to a low setting and fire it there (we recommend starting at around 10W and turning up 1-2W every 5-10 puffs)
- Work the power higher at intervals until you are back to your preferred power level
- CONGRATS! You should now have successfully primed your coil!